I’m an impassioned writer and reader, with a bachelor’s degree in communications, concentrations in psychology and health, and more than two decades of writing experience.
I’ve penned numerous short stories, essays, poems, and hundreds of articles on health, interpersonal communication, travel, dating, family relations, romantic relationships, feminism, culture, and friendship.
It’s an utter delight and thrill of mine to share insights, and my life experiences, and inspirations with others. I do this with the thought (and hope) in mind that my offerings might impact another life in a positive, inspired fashion, the way that so many writers have powerfully affected mine.
Since the age of two, I’ve had a book perpetually in hand. Taking in ideas, stories, and books the way I used to devour desserts (though as I’ve gotten older, the dessert consumption has abated slightly). Now, I write the way others eat and breathe air; as a necessary, unavoidable aspect to living and being. Reading and writing are my greatest loves (aside from the loved ones in my life). I was drawn into a love affair with words from when I was mere months old, and haven’t left it since. To be engaged and entranced within this for the entirety of my life is a great yearning and hope.
One of my most cherished memories of the four years I spent living in Europe (from 2013-2017) was every Sunday afternoon, I would pack up a pile of notebooks, my i-Pod, and a few euros for a couple mugs of tea, and would set off for Sugar Mama, my favorite spot. The inside of the café resembled the coziest of living rooms, with a glowing display case showing off the most luscious of confections. Cakes piled with peaks of frosting, cream cheese swirled brownies, colorful quiches, and thickly stacked sandwiches. I’d snag a window seat and sit for hours, writing the day away and drinking green tea, people watching and losing myself in the story I was penning.
I’ve completed two fictional novels, one of which I am currently pitching for publishing. I’ve already begun work on my third novel.
- Literary Essay: Dear Dad, We’re Done
Medium (a complete list of my articles can be perused here. Otherwise, see below for a sampling)
- How Do Things Change on Meeting Your Great Love?
- The Sense of Entitlement and Fear in Americas Cancel Culture
- 7 Surprising Signs: Will They Be a Rockin’ Relationship For You? (In friendship or in romance) (Sign #7: do they challenge your world view?)
- Love Isn’t a Feeling, It’s a Choice
- We Need Authors and We Need Books (6 Reasons These Are Crucial to Everyone)
- Friendship is the Most Important Life Investment You Can Make
- What Makes for a Worthwhile Friend?
- When Feeling Put Off By Your Partner, Remember That Your Time With Them is Limited
- Lost in “Connection.” What are You Missing With Gaze Almost Perpetually Glues to a Screen? Almost Everything
- How Reading Fiction Improves the Quality of Your Life
- How Men Are Taught by Our Culture to Degrade, Objectify, and Harm Women
- Build-A-Woman! All Parts Available For Purchase. (Cosmetic Surgery for Vanity is One Glaring Symptom of Our Toxic Culture)
- How to Tell If Your Relationship Will Last
- We Raise Little Girls as Sex Objects in Training. Here’s How This is a Huge Problem
- How Not to Raise Little Girls as Sex Objects in Training (Because Currently, We Do and It’s a Problem)
- You Might Need to Let Go of Certain Loved Ones to be Happier, and That’s Ok
- The Things That Couples Who Stay in Love Do Differently
- The Age of Addiction, but Why?
- The Power of Vulnerability, and How It Will Change Your Life
Non-Peer Reviewed Research and Scientific Articles
- The Connection Between Self-Objectification in Women and Disordered Eating (written for a Harvard graduate class)
- With Winter Coming and COVID-19 Still Raging, America’s Suicide Problem Will Increase, Unless…
- America Has a Drinking Problem
Good Men Project & Thought Catalog
- Blood Isn’t Always Thicker Than Water (Good Men Project)
- There Are No Failed Relationships (Good Men Project)
- 8 Reasons Traveling is an Important Experience (Thought Catalog)
- Sweet. Raw. Free. A collection of recipes that are gluten or grain-free, dairy-free, without refined sugar, and raw. (Recipes, writing, and photographs are my own) (Self published).
Health and Food
- Recipes Featured on FoodGawker.com
- The Best Paleo Snack, Meal, and Dessert List (over 175 of them) (Superfat)
- Fruits: Prepping Your Paleo Eats for Maximum Nutritional Benefit (Superfat)
- Vegetables: Prepping Your Paleo Eats for Maximum Nutritional Benefit (Superfat)
- Paleo and Depression: Paleo Offers Benefits Beyond Just the Physical (Superfat)